The following images have been taken with a SLR Magic 35/f1.7 lens.
Month: March 2012
SLR Magic 35/f1.7 on Sony NEX 5
The SLR Magic 35mm/F1.7 is a manual lens and is available with an E-Mount, that fits on the Sony NEX camera series.
To be able to use it, you have to make sure you tweak some settings in your camera:
- Make sure you enable the shooting without a lens: Menu → Setup → Release w/o lens → Enable
- Before you continue make sure you have Firmware ≥ Ver. 04 installed! Check this using Menu → Setup → Version. When you have an older version installed download the latest version from the Sony support site here.
- Enable the MF Assist function using Menu → Setup → MF Assist → 2 Sec
You can choose between No Limit — 2 Sec — 5 Sec.
- Enable the Peaking Level using Menu → Setup → Peaking Level → Mid
You can choose between Low — Mid — High.
- Choose your Peaking Color using Menu → Setup → Peaking Color → Red
You can choose between Yellow — Red — White.
Switch your camera to A- Mode (aperture priority) and use the MF Assist button to get a perfectly sharp picture even when shooting the lens wide open with f/1.7!
You find some example shots in this post.
See a very detailed review of the lens here.
Making of WWP312 Paths Event
I used this tripod construction – a monopod mounted on a tripod – to shoot the WWP- Paths event. You can see the finished panorama on the WWP homepage.